Buffalo State College invites applications for its next director of the Career Development Center. The college is seeking a dynamic, creative, and well-rounded leader looking to take the next step in their career services experience. If you are ready to provide innovative leadership to a team of strong career development professionals and help advance the college's urban-engaged mission along with national, regional, and local employers, this position is one that you should consider. The Career Development Center Director will assume office July 1, 2020.
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs, the director of the Career Development Center is responsible for providing guidance and vision for career development on the campus, supervising and administering the operations and staff of the Career Development Center, and serving to provide leadership for contemporary employer engagement and high-impact practices that support students at all educational levels.
The director is also responsible for administering state, IFR (fee-based) budgets, maintaining and developing annual and ongoing assessment plans, serving as a key spokesperson for career-related topics, as well as maintaining policies and procedures as it relates to their unit. Key relationships for this individual include academic affairs administrators (assistant provost, department chairs, internship coordinators, deans), institutional advancement (corporate relations), enrollment management (admissions), the Vice President for Student Affairs, and the Student Affairs Leadership Team.
• Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs Administration or related field.
• Progressively increasing leadership responsibilities in higher education.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Experience with administration of career development programs and staff supervision.
• Experience working with diverse students in a higher education environment.
• National involvement with professional organization(s) related to career development.
• Budget, assessment, and planning experience.
• Experience with campus/employer relations.
• Demonstrated leadership of innovative practices and/or strategic thinking.
• Familiarity with urban and anchor institutions' efforts.
Candidates should visit jobs.buffalostate.edu/postings and electronically submit the following materials:
Deadline: For full consideration, materials must be submitted by February 25, 2020
Laura Rao, Director, Civic and Community Engagement
Amy Wilson, Chair and Associate Professor, Higher Education Administration
Professional Staff Representatives
Philip Badaszewski, Assistant Dean, Residence Life
Mary-Jo Jagard, Director, Alumni Engagement Office
Nigel Marriner, Registrar, Registrar's Office
Lynn Rogers, Senior Career Counselor, Career Development Center
Stanley Simmons, Say Yes Coordinator, Academic Success
Julie Henry, Chair and Professor, Elementary Education, Literacy, Educational Leadership
Brent Patterson, Associate Professor, Art and Design Department
Gaelle Jean-Baptiste, President, United Students Government
Laura Tyrrell, Claim Finance and Field Shared Services, Travelers Insurance
Amanda Marzolf, Office Assistant, Information Technology, VP Office
Back to Top